Trams were introduced in Georgetown in 1877. They were drawn by horses and were called horsetrams. The speed of these trams depended on how well or poorly fed the horse was. With the advent of electricity, electric Trams were introduced in 1900. Tram No. 16 shown in this 1915 photo was brought into service in 1902. It had 8 passenger benches, each bench seating 3 passengers. Time and again, jaywalkers crossing the road got hit down by a tram. Tram operations ceased in 1930, and some of the cars were sent to Trinidad.